Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Water Rates, Secret Meetings and Tiger...

WATER RATE INCREASE?
It's late Tuesday night and I find myself wondering if the Mesa Consolidated Water District passed the new water rates at it's meeting tonight. No word on the local media yet, but there really is no reason to expect they wouldn't pass what amounts to a 25% rate increase over the next 5 years.

SECRET FAIR BOARD MEETING?

Also, a friend asked if I knew if the Orange County Fair Board was holding a meeting on Wednesday, tomorrow,
at the Fairgrounds. Seems the Daily Voice makes mention of it, but the Fair web site has absolutely nothing on it's pages to indicate a meeting will be held and, if so, what the agenda will be. Sadly, this is precisely why so many activists have come to distrust this Fair Board. I'll post an entry if I hear anything about the meeting, which is theoretically to be held from 10-12 Wednesday in the Administration Building on the Fairgrounds. UPDATE! After spending much of last night trying to track down the source of the info regarding a possible OC Fair Board meeting today, finally this morning late I was advised that the information previously provided was in error. So, I called the Fair staff and was told that, indeed, the Board will not meet this month in their regularly scheduled meeting and will meet on January 21, 2010.

TIGER!

Oh, yes - Tiger Woods. There, now I'm no longer the only blogger who has failed to mention Tiger Woods.. 'nuff said, except that I'm certainly going to pull MY sponsorship dollars from him! :-)

MORE JOY TO ENJOY

More Christmas videos for you again tonight. Tonight I'm going to juxtapose two tunes, both in the Christmas spirit, but are somewhat of a paradox. In any event, enjoy...

OLIVIA NEWTON JOHN - SILENT NIGHT

FAITH HILL - LITTLE DRUMMER BOY

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home