Budget Review Tops Tuesday's City Council Meeting
The Costa Mesa City Council will meet again on Tuesday, February 16, 2016 beginning at 5:45 in City Council Chambers at City Hall. You can read the agenda HERE.
HOW WE SPENT OUR MONEY
There are several interesting items on the agenda, but first we will give you a few interesting snippets of Warrant #2551, HERE, bills that have been paid. These entries were plucked from the list just because I thought you might be interested, or because I was.
- Apple One Employment Services - $3,034.80 - Temp Services, various
- Clean Street - $57,299.98 - Street Sweeping Svcs, Dec 15
- G4S Secure Solutions Inc - $54,706.68 - Jail Svcs, 11/30 - 12/28/15
- Jones & Mayer - $148,314.04 - Legal Svcs, various
- Liebert Cassidy Whitmore - $56,746.51 - Legal Svcs, various
- Accountemps - $2,179.20 - Temp svcs, Treasury
- Benefit Funding Services Group - $6,250.00 - Retirement Pln Cnsltng 10/1-12/31
- Bucknam Infrastructure Group Inc - $6,759.35 - Pavement Mgnt Prog
- CSG Consultants Inc - $3,612.20 - Bldg Pln Rev, Pln Check/Inspct Svcs
- Estancia TeWinkle School Foundation - $5,000.00 - 2015 Gala Sponsorship
- Glenn Lukos & Associates, Inc - $2,574.00 - Biological Svcs 10/31-12/11/15
- Government Staffing Services Inc - $5,958.75 - Temp Svcs, various
- Scott Fazekas & Associates - $3,678.14 - Bldg Pln Check Svcs
- Stantec Consulting Services Inc - $7,749.00 - Right of Way Services
- City of Huntington Beach - $18,970.00 - Helicopter Svcs-Dec 2015
- Civil Source - $131,143.00 - Project Mgt, various
- Accountemps - $871.68 - Temp Svcs Treasury 1/22/16
- CSG Consultants - $10,470.00 - Bldg Inspector 11/28-12/25
- Government Staffing Services Inc - $3,094.00 - Temp Svcs Buyer
- Liebert Cassidy Whitmore - $3,542.50 - Legal svcs, various
- Mercy House - $4.059.76 - 15-16 Subrecipient agreement
- Mika - $3,000.00 - 15-16 Subrecipient agreement
- Orange County Council on Aging - $2,500.00 - Subrecipient agreement
- Scientia Consulting Group Inc - $5,504.00 - ProfSvcs Agreement 12/27/15-1/9/16
- Stantec Consulting Services Inc - $922.75 - Right Of Way Services
- Telecom Law Firm PC - $525.00 - Legal
STATE-MANDATED WATER EFFICIENT GUIDELINES
There is one (1) Public Hearing on the agenda, HERE. This is the first reading of an amendment to the Municipal Code related to Water Efficient Landscape Plan and Related Guidelines. These new rules are required by Governor Brown's Executive Order issued April 1, 2015 and must be in place by March, 2016.
There is one (1) item of Old Business, HERE. This deals with the request to close off seven (7) wall openings along Victoria Street and Dorset Lane. The staff report provides a list of those locations.
ANOTHER SMALL LOT DEVELOPMENT ON THE WESTSIDE
New Business #1, HERE, is a screening request for the replacement of a single dwelling with detached garage with a 3-unit residential development at 1979 Anaheim Avenue. This is just a screening of this project, which provides the applicant with feedback from the City Council and refine the development, if necessary.
The final item on the agenda, New Business #2, HERE, is the Financial Update, including the Review of the June 30, 2015 CAFR; Fiscal Year 2015-2016 Mid-year Budget Report and the Five-Year Financial Plan. This one could take awhile. The total budget adopted last June was, $154,189,869, including the General Fund budget of $115,202,900. The revised General Fund budget is $117,330,310 - see the staff report for the details on those changes. According to Interim Finance Director Steve Dunivent's report, "Small deficits of 1.3 and 2.7% of general fund revenues occur and will be balanced during the annual budget processes." It will be interesting to hear exactly how that works out.
WILL RIGHEIMER LOSE IT AGAIN?
I'm going to be very interested to see if Mayor Pro Tem Jim Righeimer blows another gasket Tuesday night. Last time he sucked up valuable Public Comments time with a rant following a comment by Costa Mesa Firefighters Association President Rob Gagne instead of waiting for his time during Council Member Comments. He's such an arrogant, egotistical guy that he thinks the world revolves around him. We'll see what provokes him this time.