Saturday, September 21, 2013

Comment Registration Reminder - Again

REGISTER, PLEASE
Let us revisit my friendly reminder about the need to register before you attempt to post a comment on this blog.  Even though the requirement is prominently posted at the top of this page over on the right-hand corner, some of you have not seen it or ignored it, or both.

"ANONYMOUS" NOT ACCEPTABLE
Several of you have attempted to post as "Anonymous', which is an unacceptable moniker for this blog.  It creates too much confusion, so please just be clever and pick a different handle if you don't want to use your own name.  If you select one that is already taken I'll let you know.

FOUL-MOUTHED BONEHEAD
Recently someone tried to post using an un-registered moniker and I just rejected it without reading it... we've had plenty of time to adapt and there is that reminder at the top of the page.  However, this person - obviously someone who supports your mayor and is operating with a VERY limited vocabulary and a significant unfamiliarity with the English language - later tried to post again, using the same moniker.  This time, though, he or she just raked me over the coals for not posting the earlier piece.  I went back and read it and would have posted it if the person had bothered to register.  However, because that requires him or her to identify themselves to me, I know that will never happen, especially now, after the load of foul language included in the last one.

A PLACE FOR DISCUSSION
Amusingly, this person accused me of failing to post opinions different than mine, which all of you reading this blog for some time know is just not true.  I WANT this blog to be a place where ALL sides of an issue can be discussed.  But, the gutless anonymous cowards out there just refuse to participate.  If they can't hide behind a tree and spew epithets, then they won't participate at all.  So be it.

THANKS, AGAIN...
To those of you who HAVE chosen to register and participate - thanks.  I appreciate each comment, even if I don't agree with it.  Keep them coming...
 
 
 
 
**********



REGISTRATION REQUIRED TO COMMENT 

To register email  the following to thepotstirer@earthlink.net

  • Pen name (do NOT use "Anonymous")
  • Full name
  • Valid email address and telephone number
  • Only 1 pen name per person
  • You may use 1 pen name AND your proper name
  • Don't use another person's proper name 
  • Comments without prior registration will be REJECTED - NO EXCEPTIONS 
  • More details at http://bit.ly/16kGDVh

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Ken Nyquist said...

The registration process is simple…It is not a credit application…It may be Big Brother feeling, but so are a lot of things now…You need Facebook to go to the bathroom….

Reminds me of listening to Big Brother and the Holding Company and Quicksilver Messenger Service while I was protesting all of the people over 30 and the pigs trying to run my life at the time and shove rules down my throat..…Well now of course I call them officer, sir and want more of them around…I even wave to the man now….

Anyone can read the stuff on here…Geoff is probably just tired of having to filter through all of the hate mail that flows through to the lefties and communists…

If Geoff gets tortured standing in a tub of water with a car battery and jumper cables hooked to him by righties like me, he will give up your information, otherwise he only gives it to the FBI….:)

Anonymous….

9/22/2013 08:47:00 AM  
Anonymous Terry Koken said...

D'ya think it was a Fitz? He hasn't posted here since you started requiring registration. Of course, he assured me that he never posts on this blog, so it couldn't'a been him. Gotta say, though, there has been an extreme paucity of one certain style of post from the brown-nose community since you started requiring registration... those came under several different pseudonyms, but the flavor was of a single writer. I'm really curious about who in our community is nasty enough to make such comments, yet hasn't the balls to identify himself.

9/22/2013 08:39:00 PM  
Anonymous Where's My Coffee? said...

Terry, we'll talk when I see you next.

9/23/2013 06:28:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home