Friday, May 25, 2012

Memorial Day, 2012

 STOP AND REMEMBER THE REASON
As you celebrate this long holiday weekend please take the time to stop and remember the reason you can have your family gatherings, cook-outs and enjoy a peaceful day.  Remember the men and women who gave their lives to make it possible.


TAKE SOME TIME TO STEP BACK
I've written about this holiday every year for awhile.  You can read what I wrote last year HERE and in 2010 HERE.  And, if you follow the links, you can step back even further.


MOTORCYCLE ENFORCEMENT
I wish you all a very safe holiday weekend.  If you live in Costa Mesa please remember that the CMPD will be tightening up motorcycle safety enforcement - the second consecutive Saturday they've done it to try to make our streets safer for us all.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Jeanette Chervony - Gold Star Daughter said...

In Remembrance of my father, SGT Eddie Chervony, killed-in-action, 05May1968. He died 3 days before his 21st birthday, I was 13 months old.

He was never old enough to vote, in the mid-60's, you had to be 21, thefore when I vote, I feel I do not just do it for me, but that I too am his proxy :)

Memorial Day is a day we observe and remember, not a day to "celebrate" and go shopping.
Enjoy your holiday, as it came about with much sacrifice.

I love you dad and miss every part of my life that you were not there, nor will be there to share with me.

Documentary I am involved in - http://youtu.be/Nbcv7SNaYyA

5/25/2012 07:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home