Thursday, August 06, 2009

Songs For My Sweetheart

WHAT TO DO?
Well, I contemplated leaving you with a weekend of tidbits to ponder. I thought about expanding a little on the whole, "Overpaid Planning Commissioner" issue. I thought about writing about the potential big time competition our young jailer/mayor may have in his run for the 68th Assembly seat being vacated by Van Tran with the announcement that Democrat Joe Dunn may throw his considerable political heft into the fight. I thought about the issue of the 10% rate increase the Sanitary District approve a few days ago, and what that additional money is planned for. I thought about a lot of things.

A BETTER CHOICE
Instead, I decided to dedicate this weekend to my sweet wife, Susan, who has tolerated me for 42 years, and sweep her off to an exotic place for some fun and quiet time together - she deserves it.

So, these two little links are for her, but you can enjoy them too, if you wish.

This one is a question for her and is posed by my proxy, another old guy, Rod Stewart.





And this one gives her a pretty clear clue about how I feel about her...


4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, you are such an old softie! :}) WE love it that you are willing to share with the world how precious your years with your spouse have been. Happy Anniversary you two! Sandy & Sherry

8/06/2009 03:39:00 PM  
Blogger Bruce Krochman said...

Good idea Geoff, because if you don't pay her some attention, the only song you will be hearing is:
Gone Gone Gone

:-)

8/07/2009 09:13:00 AM  
Blogger Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

Nice change of pace ~ you have the sweetest wife in the whole world and you should be crooning to her more frequently - LOL

8/08/2009 05:12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geoff, this is the greatest tribute we have ever seen. God bless you both.

Marcie & Bob

8/18/2009 09:08:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home