Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Parks & Rec. Commission Meeting Preview


SHOULD BE A SHORT MEETING
The Costa Mesa Parks and Recreation Commission meets tomorrow evening in City Council Chambers at City Hall beginning at 6:00.  You can read the full agenda HERE.  As is usually the case, the agenda is thin and I would anticipate this meeting ending before 8:00 p.m.
CAMERAS AND HORSE VAULTING?
There is an Instructional Class Proposal, HERE, for the commissioners to consider involving using DSLR cameras and two involving Horse Vaulting.  Yeah, horse vaulting.
YANKING TREES FROM OUR URBAN FOREST
In addition, there are three (3) tree removal requests, HERE, HERE and HERE. The last two are Canary Island Pines, a species that has been under attack in our city over the past couple years.  The staff has recommended denying each of those requests.
ADIOS, BRUCE!
Of special interest to me is that this will be the first meeting without Maintenance Services Manager Bruce Hartley, who retired last Friday after a long career with the City.  It's my understanding that he left to join former Public Services Director Ernesto Munoz in a private sector organization.  So, we've lost yet another senior manager.
I'M GOING TO THE TOWN HALL INSTEAD
I will not be attending this meeting - I'm going to the CM4RG Town Hall at the Neighborhood Community Center at the same time.  I will tape the meeting and report on it eventually.  I'll be interested to see if new commissioner Julie Mercurio shows up, and if she does, will she speak?

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home