Friday, July 15, 2016

Council Meeting Tuesday? Maybe Not...

File under, "Just when you thought it couldn't get any stranger"....

ON AGAIN...
Earlier this week the City of Costa Mesa announced the agenda for a regularly-scheduled City Council meeting on Tuesday, July 19, 2016.  You can read this agenda HERE.  When I looked it over I thought it was quite unusual because there is only Consent Calendar items - no Public Hearings or Old or New Business items.

The Consent Calendar has a Warrant that includes about $2.5 million in checks cut on our behalf, including more than $200,000 in legal costs again.  You know... normal stuff.

WHY BOTHER?
And the other items looked to not be time-sensitive, so I found myself thinking, "Why bother?"

OFF AGAIN...
Then, today, we received a notice unlike any other I've seen before.  This one, HERE, is a "Courtesy Notice", telling us that there MIGHT not be a council meeting on Tuesday after all.  So, good old reporter that I am, I called City Clerk Brenda Green to get the straight scoop.

THE BEST SHE CAN DO FOR US
It seems that she does not have the authority to cancel a meeting... only the Council does - as they did for the August 16th meeting.  It seems that there likely will not be a quorum on Tuesday, so the best she can do is to give us all a little "courtesy notice" - a head's-up - to let us know about that probability.
I'M STAYING HOME
So, I will NOT be dragging my spavined old body to City Council Chambers next week.  I'll sneak a peek at CMTV around 5:45 p.m. to see what happened.  If they DO have a meeting after all I'll report on it.  If not, I won't...

THINK POSITIVE THOUGHTS
Have a GREAT weekend.  Do something fun - like going to the Orange County Fair.  And hold a kind thought in your heart for the victims of that lunatic in Nice, France and hold your breath for whatever is happening in Turkey.  Good Grief!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Ken Nyquist said...

Things are getting worse by the month in this world. What a mess...
Take good care of you Geoff...

7/15/2016 06:54:00 PM  
Anonymous Casual Viewer said...

They couldn't postpone the vote on the General Plan when Katrina requested it, but they can cancel meetings when one of them wants to vacay - and they won't say who.

Who is "they?" The 3 marionettes of course!

7/15/2016 07:27:00 PM  
Anonymous Where's My Coffee? said...

Have any of you ever had the sad experience of telling people where you live, and have them snicker? I have. A couple of times, in fact. Its embarrassing. I'm sick and tired of it.

These men think this city is the ATM machine as well as their feifdom. Dump their ASSES.

7/16/2016 08:25:00 AM  
Anonymous Mike said...

Don't you love these folks who bemoan local government? Mansoor, Nelson, Spitzer, Moorlach, Reighmer, Bustamante, Faulk, and countless others who are always looking for the next opportunity to "Serve" in government. I'd have a lot more respect for them if they were honest and embraced their roles as hypocrites. I am praying for Costa Mesa and the return to decency, common sense, and democracy in local government.

7/17/2016 01:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home