Friday, August 14, 2015

Uh, Oh! Another One! Yikes!

OMG!  NOT AGAIN!
By the time you read this I will be fully immersed in the process of celebrating yet another birthday, having every bit as much fun as the guy in that picture!

'TAINT EASY
Yep, we managed to make it one more year, although they don't seem to be getting any easier.  I mean, the process alone of celebrating is a pain in the fanny!  First my sweet and very patient wife must get the fire permit for all those candles - no easy feat in these times of extreme drought.

WHEW!
And then there's the whole deal about blowing them out, for goodness sake!  I mean, just how many huffs and puffs do you think this old guy has left in him?  And there's the very real possibility of torched eyebrows!

AND IT TAKES LONGER!
And, because of the number of candles on the cake - representing way, way too many years - the whole celebrating thing takes a lot longer.  Like so many things in life at this age, what once was a sprint is more like a stroll.

ONE.... MORE... TIME!
So, Happy Birthday To Me... one more time.  I plan to fully enjoy myself this entire weekend, allowing my sweet and very patient (I think I said that before) wife pamper the heck out of me!  It's only right, right?

JOIN THE BOYS...
Now, in honor of my advancing geezerness, please help us celebrate by joining these young fellas in singing to me...

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Where's My Coffee? said...

Happy Birthday, Geoff. I hope you have a fabulous weekend getting spoiled and enjoying every minute of it. May I suggest a leaf blower for the candles? Also, I want to thank you for all you do and let you know how much you are appreciated. Your tireless work is very important to this community.

8/14/2015 07:05:00 AM  
Blogger Honeyman said...

Uh...with the recent goings-on at the Big Newport, a leaf blower might not be the best idea, Coffee. And with all that flame, it might start a brush fire in this heat anyway :-)

Happy B-day, Geoff! You are officially excused from your duties as the savior and savant of this city for the weekend at least. Have a wonderful day!

8/14/2015 08:38:00 AM  
Anonymous Ken Nyquist said...

The BEATLES White Album is forever etched into my mind and the best album ever cut in my opinion. Well one of The Doors albums comes in second. Perfect song to celebrate your day with. Rest up old guy...

8/14/2015 10:06:00 AM  
Anonymous Casual Viewer said...

Enjoy your special day and try not to think about local politics.c

8/15/2015 07:42:00 AM  
Anonymous And So It Goes said...

Geoff: Happy Birthday and many more! Keep up the good work.

Ditto what Coffee said: we appreciate all you do and the service you provide to so many. Please keep up the good work!!

8/17/2015 09:01:00 AM  
Anonymous Robin Leffler said...

Here's a very quick, easy, low calorie way to enjoy your cake: Put cake on a fireproof surface. Use flame thrower to light candles. Flame thrower will also destroy the cake, so no calories. Have sweet and patient wife clean up mess. There you go, candles lit and cake demolished in record time. Even if you don't take my advice, Have a very Happy Birthday and Many Happy Returns.

8/17/2015 12:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home