Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Time For A Dose Of The Chuckmeister

ONCE AGAIN...
My pal, The Chuckmeister, is at it again.  He decamped to parts south from his long-time home in Costa Mesa a couple years ago to enjoy the proximity of his family and the growing wine region inland from Camp Pendleton and created a blog - Chuckmeister Unleashed -  to provide an outlet for his pent-up frustration on a variety of issues.  I know the feeling well.

A SPECIAL MESSAGE
Under normal circumstances I'd simply make a little entry on Facebook and link to his piece and let my friends and others go nuts as they read them.  Not today.  Today the message my pal sends is too important, and too timely, to simply leave to the Zuckerbergians who run Facebook.  Today I want my broader audience to have a chance to read his words.  I will link it on Facebook, where folks there will have to take one more step to read Chuck's words.

JUST A LITTLE TEASE
I'm not even going to paraphrase his entry... I'm going to make you follow the link, HERE, to his site and take your time reading it.  I will, however, provoke you with the title, "A Front-Row Seat for Slow-Motion Suicide...", and tell you it deals with the state (small "s" intended) of California.

MEDICATE IF NECESSARY, BUT READ IT...
So, take a Valium if you need to, or pour yourself a relaxing libation and click on that link.  I won't tell you that you'll "like" what you read, but I think you'll understand it and maybe even appreciate it.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

A libation indeed. There were so many statistical errors and misstatement of facts, it was indeed quite difficult to take seriously. Was I supposed to take it seriously? Montclair did not install two illegal immigrants on to commissions, it was Huntington Park. 62.5% tax rate in California? Really? Try 13.3%. Still too high, but when you are so far off on basic numbers, that can so easily be verified through, say, basic research, I lose all interest in reading anything that is so glaringly written without any factual basis.

8/26/2015 09:49:00 PM  
Anonymous Arthur Nern said...

Did old Chuckie ever achieve at anything approaching the level that his dad did? Sounds like his frustrations go beyond politics. But if he wants to actually do something, he can come back to Costa Mesa and help resist its takeover by Newport money.

8/27/2015 06:01:00 AM  
Anonymous Where's My Coffee? said...

I bet ol' Chuckie feels a lot better this morning after getting all that shit outta his system.

8/27/2015 08:52:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home