Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Merry Christmas To You All

IT'S THAT TIME OF YEAR....
It's time to turn the old cauldron down to simmer again so my sweet and very patient wife and I can join you all in celebrating this holiday season.  Enjoy the photo of my neighbor, Sharon's, tree... thousands of lights and ornaments. 

....FOR PEACE AND GOODWILL
It's been a very interesting year, to say the very least.  I doubt there has ever been a need for more "peace on earth, goodwill to men" in Costa Mesa than right now, today.

THANK YOU...
Thanks to all of you who try to make our city a better place.  Your efforts are very much appreciated.  I'd list you all here, but that would exceed the limits of the storage on this site.  And thanks to the thousands of you who read these pages each month.  I know some of you don't agree with me, but that's OK...  You're still welcome here.

WATCH FOR THE DP 103
And, before we close for now, keep your eyes peeled for the Daily Pilot DP 103, which is scheduled to be published on Friday.  It's always an adventure and fun to see which of our neighbors make the list - and which do not.  Last year Chief Tom Gazsi was, appropriately, listed in the top spot.  He's moved on to an exciting new assignment so I have no idea who will lead the pack this year - it sure won't be me! 

AND, IN THE SPIRIT OF THE SEASON...
As has become a kind of tradition here, I present to you for your listening pleasure, one of my favorite Christmas parodies - the remarkable Stan Freberg's Green Christmas.  Yeah, you have your Bing Crosby's White Christmas and Johnny Mathis singing Silent Night, but nothing says Christmas to me like old Stan.

AND THERE'S FOOTBALL, TOO!
We'll be back sometime soon.  So, a Very Merry Christmas to you all and a Very Happy New Year.  Go Ducks - win two!




MR. FREBERG...
And now, Stan, if you please....

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Eleanor Egan said...

Thank you for the Christmas greeting and the Stan Freberg Christmas Carol.

I wish you and Suzy a very happy Christmas and new year, and a refreshing respite from politics.

Cheers!

12/23/2014 09:24:00 PM  
Anonymous Papa Smurf said...

Merry Christmas.

12/24/2014 06:30:00 AM  
Anonymous Where's My Coffee? said...

Geoff and Suzy, my family and I want to wish you both a very Merry Christmas. Enjoy every minute.

12/24/2014 07:45:00 AM  
Anonymous Skeptical in Costa Mesa said...

Merry Christmas from the Great Northwest!It appears we have our version of the 3 stooges up here too.

12/24/2014 01:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home