Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Happy Birthday To Me - Again, And More!

YIKES!  ANOTHER ONE!
Every birthday is special, but when there are so darn many candles on the cake it's really special!  I mean, you know you're getting up there when you have to get a special permit from the Fire Department to light off your cake, for goodness sake!  Well, my sweet and very loving wife and I are far away this year, celebrating my birthday - as we did our anniversary last week - at an exotic location.  Tomorrow night I will look forward to slightly singed eyebrows and contributing significantly to the pollution of this planet with the smoke from the cake.

*****

AND HERE'S A WAY TO CELEBRATE!
After you've finished wishing me well on this milestone of advancing geezerdom, I have a suggestion for you.  How about joining those stalwarts from Costa Mesans For Responsible Government (CM4RG) at the General Plan Workshop they are conducting tomorrow night, Thursday, August 14th at the Neighborhood Community Center, 1845 Park Avenue ( Lions Park) beginning at 6:30?  If you are concerned about Traffic, High Density Development and  other elements of the Plan, spend a couple hours getting answers.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME....
Now join me as I enjoy this very special birthday song to me - and all of us who celebrate today!  I love this version...

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Ken Nyquist said...

Better cover the fire sprinkler heads...The heat from the blaze will set them off....

8/14/2014 04:44:00 AM  
Anonymous JanetF said...

Good to see you, Geoff, and Happy Birthday!

8/14/2014 05:17:00 AM  
Blogger zennymoon said...

Happy day to you, we'll eat a cookie in your honor at the CM4RG meeting tonight...!

8/14/2014 07:53:00 AM  
Anonymous Skeptical in Costa Mesa said...

Better they keep coming than not ;)

8/14/2014 08:16:00 AM  
Anonymous And So It Goes said...

HBD and welcome back. We miss you and your updates when you are gone! Kept checking to see if you'd posted anything - old habits and so on.. ;)

8/14/2014 10:23:00 AM  
Blogger Harold said...

Have a happy Birthday Geoff

8/14/2014 12:30:00 PM  
Anonymous Mary Ann O'Connell said...

Happy trip around the sun! Shall we sign you up for one more?

8/14/2014 12:45:00 PM  
Anonymous Terry Koken said...

Hey, happy happy, Geoff. How many is this one? As I recollect, you're just a young feller. Now, me, if I were just two months older, I'd be older'n Dennis Popp.

We expect you to hang around for at least another twenty, or maybe more.

8/14/2014 04:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home