Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Another Sad Anniversary

REMEMBERING MY FRIEND
As many of you know, nine years ago today - on December 19, 2003, my best friend since were five years old, Larry Moore, passed away after six weeks in the Trauma Intensive Care unit of a hospital in Las Vegas following a motorcycle accident.  As I sat at his side all that time, trying to help make decisions that would return him to us, I had a lot of time to contemplate what he meant to my life.  We were closer than most brothers and remained so for 57 years.

REPRISE THE MESSAGE
I've written about him often since he died, including last year, HERE.  You may wish to refer to that entry for more background and the commentary I wrote in the Daily Pilot a few weeks later.
FRIENDSHIPS ARE TREASURES
Let me just say as I mark this very sad anniversary today, that friendships - not Facebook friendships, but REAL friendships - are treasures that should be protected and nurtured.  As every year passes I become more and more aware of this fact and work hard at renewing old friendships and cultivating new ones.
A LITTLE SONG FOR YOU
And now, here's a little video clip that seems perfectly appropriate... Mr. Newman, if you please...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home