Friday, August 05, 2011

Another Wonderful Day!

ANOTHER YEAR OF JOY
Where has this year gone? It seems just like yesterday that I wrote about this day, HERE.

IT'S HARD TO BELIEVE...
Today my sweet wife and I celebrate 44
years of wedded bliss! I know, you look at that photo and you ask "Was she 5 when you married her, Pot Stirrer?" Yeah, I know... I'm a very, very lucky man. I've had a wonderful woman by my side all these years who has loved me, tolerated my foibles (like this blog) and made every day of our life together better than the last.

MANY MILES, LOTS OF LOV
E
When we attended the wedding of our friend, Teri, recently - that's where this particular photo was taken - I found myself thinking back on the day my sweet Sue and I were married, never really anticipating what a grand adventure we were launching ourselves on that day at St. James Church, down at the entrance to Lido Isle. We couldn't have known that when we drove East the following week my job would eventually take us to six different cities in the first six years of our life together before we finally settled down here for the next thirty-eight.

BOBBY AND BILL WILL HELP US CELEBRATE

So, on this day, when we celebrate this wonderful milestone, I've rounded up my old pals, The Righteous Brothers, to express just how I feel. Fellas...

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous WWrigDo said...

Congrats!

8/05/2011 06:48:00 AM  
Blogger Joe said...

Congrats Mr. and Mrs. West!!

8/05/2011 07:49:00 AM  
Anonymous OCLonghair said...

You both look M a r v e l o u s!!

I was looking online to see what gift one gives for number forty-four. Google-ing listed a number of sites, each varying a little. I liked this one:
http://marriage.about.com/cs/anniversaries/a/wedannivideas_5.htm

After looking over the information at this website, I was unable to decide how to proceed. For a "Traditional Gift" they don't list a specific category, so you’re on your own; we’ll hve to discuss next year's: Sapphire… better start saving now.

Under “Modern gift” however, they do give a suggestion… Groceries.

Sooooooo, I sat looking at my computer with a huge grin on my face (you know where this is going) and decided just to say “At-A-Boy”, and to Sue, the personification of Galatians 5:22…

“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control... with a triple emphasis on longsuffering.

Sue, I do have one question though… WHY?

HAPPY 44TH to YOU BOTH

8/05/2011 09:27:00 AM  
Blogger The Pot Stirrer said...

OCLonghair, thanks for your "kind" remarks. "Groceries" is the perfect gift! I'm heading out to Ralphs now to buy her a lamb chop! :-)
Your Galatians reference is absolutely, positively right on the money. Thanks for that.

8/05/2011 09:37:00 AM  
Anonymous Claudia said...

Awww. That song is so perfect! Congratulations and have a super celebration ~ I'm not touching the groceries idea.

8/05/2011 01:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home