Thursday, January 20, 2011

Coast College District Chancellor To Retire

DR. CURRIE ANNOUNCES RETIREMENT
In a very poignant letter to the Board of Trustees, Faculty and Staff Chancellor Ding-Jo H. Currie announced that she will retire as of the end of this current academic year, June 30, 2011.

Dr. Currie will end a three-decade career in education and devote more time to family issues. Her announcement contains this very moving comment:

"I am debt ridden with all the blessings that have been given to me freely by friends, colleagues, and a community of giants upon whose shoulders I stand. I have longed for the time when I can double the speed in which I pay it forward. I would like to start this payment plan before my own time runs out."


You can read her impressive Biographical Summary HERE.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home