Thursday, January 15, 2009

What Goes Around...

POOR, OPPRESSED MARTY
Based on recent posts over at that bastion of reportorial absurdity, the CM PRESS, it looks like the owner of that site may be about to implode. It seems that The Mouth From Mesa North feels oppressed - that some folks exercising their right of free speech via their blog entries and comments have made him feel "stalked". Gimme a break!

BLOW
HARD HARANGUES
A week has not pa
ssed over the last several years when that blustering loud mouth has failed to criticize residents of our city because their opinions differ from his. Almost without fail he stands before the City Council to puff and pontificate and provide them with direction, all based on his warped anti-anything-but-white philosophy.

HE WANTS IT BOTH WAYS
He waives hi
s three pitiful books around, getting free advertising for them, and tells all who will listen that he writes to be read. He then goes into an infantile sulk when those who read his garbage or hear him speak criticize his views. Poor baby...

LONELY VOICE

For a long time there was only one voice that criticized him - mine. Early in our little sparring matc
h it was amusing when the Daily Pilot would pair-up our views on the same page. I know it drove him nuts, er, more nuts, when that would happen because he considers me his intellectual inferior. How dare the editors of the Daily Pilot place my words adjacent to his?!

I'M NOT HIM...

He may be correct. I may, in fact, be his intellectual inferior. After all, I don't pretend to be a member of Mensa - as he does. I don't pretend to have been a lawyer, actor, real estate agent or Mari
ne - as he does. I also don't use the adoration of his work by Uber-Ku Klux Klan leader David Duke as a marketing tool - - as he does. I don't have, as the cornerstone of almost every move I make in this city, the expulsion of people with darker skin than mine - as he seems to have been trying to do for the past decade.

...I'M JUST ME
Nope, I'm just a guy who, after a successful career and a happy, fulfilled life, decided to begin paying attention to municipal issues. That increased awareness led me to watching him and his insidious influence on important issues in the town that I've called home for more than half my life. And I didn't like what I saw, so began writing about it.

WELCOME TO MORE V
OICES
Now there are a couple other people who are paying attention and writing about him - more voices in the choir. They point out his inaccuracies and outright fabrications. They challenge his bluster with facts. They've chosen to remain anonymous to avoid the very thing The Mouth has accused them of - stalking and intimidation. The fact that he doesn't know their identities really irritates him because he has no way to lash back at them personally. Having been on the receiving end of his personal attacks, threats and venomous comments for years, I don't really blame them for remaining anonymous - at least to old Marty.

REAPING...

I can only smile now that the shoe's on the other foot and he's apparently feeling exactly the same way I've felt from time to time. This well-deserved harvest of animosity that he's feeling is the product of his own efforts as he plowed the fields of intolerance all these years.

NO CHANGE ANTICIPATED
I have absolutely no thought that he will change his behavior because of this increased attention by others. He is who he is. Quite the contrary, I suspect it will just motivate him to be even more intolerant, obnoxious and belligerent. What a sad, pathetic waste of an intellect...

A Little Limerick For The Mouth From Mesa North
Old Mensa Marty says he's a really smart man,
Of course, he is his own number 1 fan,
...But, despite the alleged size of his brain,
...He seems to enjoy inflicting pain
On those less fortunate, like no one else can.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Bruce Krochman said...

Your poetry is... um... well... OK, mother always said, if you can't say anything nice, so I am working REALLY hard here... INTERESTING! yes, that is a nice word! :)... your poetry is interesting Geoff! (but you should keep you day job)

Welcome back Geoff, were you on holiday?

As for Martin, he seems to be the center of attention lately. My guess is that he must love all the attention he is getting.

1/15/2009 09:37:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home