Tuesday, March 17, 2015

City Hall Refurbishing Yanked From Agenda

WHAT HAPPENED?
This afternoon New Business #2, HERE, was abruptly yanked from the agenda of the Costa Mesa City Council meeting scheduled for this evening.  You will recall that I wrote about it as part of my entry last Thursday, HERE.

NOBODY AROUND TO ANSWER
As soon as I saw that entry around 2:30 this afternoon I tried to find someone - anyone - at City Hall that could explain why it was removed from the agenda... no luck.  No one in the City Clerk's office, Public Services or the Executive Offices up in the 5th floor bunker were available to talk about it.

VERY INTERESTING...
I don't think this is any big deal - necessarily - but it seems curious that it would be pulled from the agenda only a couple hours from the scheduled start time of the meeting.  I guess we'll find out.

WANT TO TALK?
So, all of you folks with opinions on this subject - a good idea, from my standpoint - the item will no longer be part of the agenda.  I don't know if they will allow you to speak on it separately or as part of your 3 minutes during Public Comments.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Judy Lindsay said...

My first response was go for the remodel thinking only of the employees who deserve a quiet, leisure place to eat lunch but remember going some where and get away!! Then remember all the other remolding done at city hall for instance the new penthouse for privileged, appointment only visitors who know where to go. Then realized this is nota financial need our city should take on until other financial priorities are met. Hope it will not reappear on agenda.

3/17/2015 03:21:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home