Saturday, February 14, 2009

"Supplied To Anderson"

(Image borrowed from Daily Pilot)
VISIT THE BLOG
A couple weeks ago I added a link to Daily Pilot City Editor Paul Anderson's blog, "Supplied to Anderson", on this page. I did so not as a butt-kissing exercise so he will publish more of my submissions, as some may speculate. No, I added the link because I think Anderson has recently written some powerful entries and I wanted to provide a way for you to easily access them. Those of you who read the Daily Pilot online know that Anderson's blog is available there, along with those of Brady Rhoades and other staffers.

DON'T LET OBAMA IMAGE STOP YOU
I've ragged on Anderso
n about taking the image of Barack Obama off the header of his blog - it was installed when Anderson spent much of a week in Washington, D.C. for the inauguration last month. Maybe he will, maybe he won't. In the meantime, don't let that stop you from visiting Anderson's site daily - he's been publishing new, interesting stuff almost daily.

HOMELESS ADVENTURES
I'm looking forward, for example, to the series of entries he's promised us about his evening spent with some of the homeless people in our community. Heck, with the new round of layoffs the Los Angeles Times will implement beginning on Monday, Anderson may well be out there among them permanently!

SHOULD BE IN PRINT, TOO
I've told Anderson that some of his stuff should be re-printed as a regular feature in the print edition of the Daily Pilot. What do you think?

DO YOURSELF A FAVOR

Do yourself a favor and visit Anderson's site. If your mouse hand is sprained so you can't slide over to the side of this page to the link, simple click HERE. I think you'll find it time well-spent.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're aiming to fix the Obama art on the top rail soon. It's a technical issue, but we're working on it -- it's kind of like the stimulus package ;-).

2/15/2009 01:52:00 PM  
Blogger Sez Me said...

It is butt-kissing. Too bad you didn't just admit it - you could have had fun with it. But angling for a job with future competitors Lobdell and Johnson probably isn't helping you.

2/16/2009 03:11:00 PM  
Blogger The Pot Stirrer said...

Actually, "Sez Me", there was just a little tongue-in-cheek in my comment. And, I'm not "angling for a job" with Johnson and Lobdell, but I hope they succeed. Nor am I "angling for a job" with the Daily Pilot. The Tribune Company seems not very concerned about the future of local news and Johnson and Lobdell have decades of demonstrated expertise and concern for our little neck of the woods. My preference, stated many times, would be for Johnson and Lobdell to find a way to acquire the Daily Pilot, then morph it into whatever model they think will work while retaining the strong local identity. I don't want to see the Pilot disappear and with it over a century of service to our community.

2/16/2009 07:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home