Sunday, August 14, 2016

Three-Quarters Of A Century! Yikes!


AH, THE JOYS OF AGING...
Another year... this time a significant milestone.  So, instead of trying to flood you with verbiage about the joys of aging - it ain't fun, particularly when your body begins to tell you that you're not young any longer - I thought I'd just give you a photo array that pretty much covers big chunks of the three-quarters of a century of life that I mark today.  Enjoy...





So, we celebrated my 75th birthday last night with a couple dozen family members and friends... a perfect way to mark the day.   The group included some of our oldest friends, several neighbors and siblings and their kids - and grandkids.  It was wonderful.  I'm a very lucky man, who has been married to the perfect woman for forty-nine years and feels the love of supportive family members and friends every single day.  I'm lucky to have had a career that provided us with a comfortable life and, for the last dozen years, an avocation that adds value to our community.
At my age, when my peers and I are reminded of our mortality by the aches, pains and health scares some of us experience too frequently, life tends to take on a greater sense of urgency.  We know that we're much closer to the end than the beginning.  So, let us encourage you to not waste a single minute.  If you have a goal, get focused and work toward accomplishing it.  If you want to climb a mountain, strap on those boots and get going.  If you want to try a new career, go for it!  If you want to run for office and change the world, DO IT!  And, by all means, eat plenty of chocolate cake on the journey...

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Honeyman said...

Congrats, Geoff! What did your fortune cookie say?

8/14/2016 07:11:00 AM  
Anonymous Casual Viewer said...

Congratulations! And you still have your hair!

8/14/2016 11:41:00 AM  
Blogger Flo Martin said...

Ya made it to 75! Awesome! I will lift a glass of good cheer in your honor and send you big wishes for continued joys in your life.

8/14/2016 12:53:00 PM  
Anonymous Ken Nyquist said...

Some of these photos hit so close to home for me, since I lived a lot of the period covered, that it helped me to understand your reflections of life.
Best to you Geoff...

8/14/2016 10:12:00 PM  
Blogger The Pot Stirrer said...

Thanks, all. I had a great birthday!👍👍

8/14/2016 10:47:00 PM  
Anonymous Where's My Coffee? said...

So glad you had a wonderful birthday, Geoff. And we are all very fortunate that you will have many more. You and Susie are the perfect couple. So glad to see you feeling better. Once again, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

8/15/2016 08:12:00 AM  
Anonymous Terry Koken said...

Happy birthday, Geoff. I always thought I was a couple of years older than you, but I won't see #75 until next summer... Hang in there, hang on, and keep up the good work!

8/15/2016 09:13:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home