Thursday, September 25, 2014

Feet To The Fire - Tired Of Waiting***

 WAITING FOR COVERAGE
Yesterday I spoke with Costa Mesa's Director of Communication, Bill Lobdell, about the video coverage of the Feet To The Fire Forum held last Thursday, September 18th at Orange Coast College.  I had hoped to provide you with a link to the streaming video of that event, plus other information.  He told me the streaming video would be available "soon".  Well,  it has been nearly a week and it's still not up and I'm tired of waiting for it.

ME
You can read what I wrote about that event HERE.

BRAD
You can read what Bradley Zint wrote about it in the Daily Pilot, HERE.

CHRIS
You can read the real-time live blogging done for the OC Political Blog by Chris Nguyen, HERE.

KOCI-FM AUDIO
You can hear the audio coverage from radio station KOCI-FM by clicking HERE, then on the audio link.

3RD PARTY VIDEO
You can view a third party video of the event in two segments, HERE and HERE.  It's not high quality video, and it doesn't capture every word, but it's better than nothing.

CMTV COVERAGE ON TELEVISION
You can watch the CMTV presentation on Channel 3 (Time Warner Cable) or Channel 99 (ATT U-Verse) starting next week on the schedule listed below:

***
AS PROMISED
And, if it ever becomes available, I will provide a link for the CMTV streaming video at this location.  You can link to the CMTV coverage HERE.

COSTA MESA BRIEF COVERAGE ADDED, TOO
And, I apologize to my pal, old Barry Friedland, for overlooking the coverage he and his "staff" provided at the forum.  They have produced 28 minutes of before-and-after interviews recorded at the event.  There is no coverage of the forum, per se, but it does provide some interesting - if one-sided - perspective.  You can view it on YouTube HERE.
Enjoy.

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Arthur Nern said...

A cynic might believe there's intentional foot-dragging in order to somehow mitigate the mayor's horrible performance.

9/25/2014 10:39:00 AM  
Blogger The Pot Stirrer said...

Nope... I don't believe that for a second. Brad and Dane have too much integrity. There were "sound" issues, then big complications trying to upload such a huge file to YouTube. Anyhow, it's up and available for viewing now.

9/25/2014 11:38:00 AM  
Anonymous Arthur Nern said...

@West:
I'm with you. Everybody knows I'm not a cynic... ;>

9/25/2014 12:47:00 PM  
Anonymous Terry Koken said...

The forum was rowdy, of which fact I heartily approve. It was nowhere near as rowdy as, say, the response of Bostonian citizens to the emplacement of Stamp Act agents: they'd gather outside the agent's house, the agent and his family would flee, and then the crowd would burst in, tear the house down, and leave not a stone standing.

We are Americans.

Jim Righeimer I view as backpedaling, scared, and not at all confident. Whether these things are severe enough to get our electorate to oust him is not yet clear, but is fervently hoped for.

Anybody who expects quiet civility at such forums is smoking something I certainly don't use. Eckles, for example: he expects all the sheep to pass under the staff without a bleat, but unthinkingly forgives egregious conduct and lying on the part of the candidate he supports.

Another line of process: as I recall, it takes fifteen percent of the registered voters to recall a politician... but in 2002, Allan Mansoor was put into office by just under thirteen percent. ...Is this what's called "job security", or am I mistaken?

I missed the forum, as I was in Colorado visiting descendants. I was sorry not to be there.

Delenda est Karthago!

9/26/2014 09:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home