Thursday, March 13, 2014

Numbers

COMMENT PIQUED MY INTEREST
In a recent post another Costa Mesa-based blogger made mention that a site he follows is ranked high on scale provided by Alexa, so that got me thinking about my site and others around the area.

DECIDED TO TAKE A LOOK
Alexa, HERE, is a site that analyzes web sites - blogs and the like - and does a calculation to "rank" them both from a global standpoint and when comparing them to the countries in which they originate.

INTERESTING RESULTS
So, I did some research, slammed it into a little spread sheet and now present it for your viewing pleasure.  The information surprised me.  I listed these sites by "Global Rank" since some didn't have enough data to produce a number in the "United States Rank" column. The calculations were taken from the site today. 

(click on the image to enlarge it)

HAVE FUN WITH IT...
You'll see some familiar names on the list.  The top three shouldn't surprise you.  I was interested in how those of us further down the list compared - not that it means anything.  Enjoy...


Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Hold 'em Accountable said...

Crazy as it may sound, I have never, nor will I ever give the OC Register a penny. I would pay for your Blog.

Thank you Geoff!

YOU are basically neutral. Your readers are biased, but your stuff is real, and that's what counts.

3/14/2014 11:00:00 AM  
Anonymous Terry Koken said...

Hey, I go to Dennis's blog and post, now and again, just so he won't feel lonesome. Once in a while, I look at MM's blog, but leave when I start feeling soiled.

Glad to see you doing so well, Geoff. It bodes ill for the current council majority, and the vote-of-confidence that the charter will be, and that, in my opinion, is a good thing.

3/14/2014 11:39:00 AM  
Blogger Mike H. said...

Yes, but you had a six year jump start on CM4RG...
Not that it means anything... ;)

But seriously, congrats. Content is king.

3/14/2014 01:52:00 PM  
Blogger The Pot Stirrer said...

You'll note that I avoided editorial observations.. ;-) I'm impressed and amused that your CM4RG site is ranked significantly higher than many other local sites. As you said, content is king. You consistently produce content that is worth reading - quality, not quantity. Kudos for that.

3/14/2014 01:56:00 PM  
Blogger Chuck Cassity said...

I am shocked, SHOCKED do you hear me!, that my humble little blog is ranked so high. I was doing my best to keep it a secret, and now you, YOU, have broadcast it to the world. And, I'm guessing that "guy" from Mesa North is really miffed to learn that my blog is more popular than his. Me thinks he'll have to work harder to elevate his ranking. Keep stirring, my brother...

3/16/2014 10:03:00 AM  
Anonymous Where's My Coffee? said...

Chuck, my worn out shoes fare better than his blog.

3/16/2014 06:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home