Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Genis Signs In On Costa Mesa Policing

SHE'S BAACK!
As some of you know, former mayor Sandra Genis is back on the city council providing wisdom, experience and intelligence as a counterpoint to some of the tomfoolery being perpetrated by Mayor Jim Righeimer and the rest of the current council majority.

SO IS LA FEMME WONKITA
Happily, she resurrected her long-dormant blog, La Femme Wonkita, as a platform for expressing her views.  In her most recent entry, HERE, she takes on the recent announced attrition numbers for the Costa Mesa Police Department and the apparent lack of understanding by the council majority of what real police work is all about.

HERE'S A TEASE FOR YOU...
On her Facebook page she introduces this issue with the following:

As I contemplate my understanding of the role and function of our police and the position of others in City leadership, I cannot help but think of Neil Young's Crime in the City:
There's still crime in the city,
Said the cop on the beat,
I
don't know if I can stop it
I feel like meat on the street
They paint my car like a target
I take my orders from fools… 


Her blog entry is a "must read" for all who actually care about the safety and future of this city.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home