Tuesday, August 14, 2012

One More Candle...


WHEW!  STILL VERTICAL!
Yep, that's right... today I'll add one more candle to that cake and hope the Costa Mesa Fire Department doesn't show up to extinguish the flames!

CELEBRATING WITH MY SISTER
I began celebrating this newest milestone Sunday with my baby sister (HER big day is next Sunday) when she and her husband and another old friend (they're all old now) came to dinner.  So, since it was hot as heck and we are not air conditioned, we chose to venture out to one of our favorite restaurants - which IS air conditioned - for the celebration.  We then returned home for a nice, big chunk of my mother's recipe chocolate cake in a bowl of milk.  Yep, I still celebrate my birthday that way.

AND ANOTHER FAMILY EVENT
Last night we continued celebrating with another family gathering.  I'm sure they all figure I might not remember just one, so they're covering all the bases.  This time I had "birthday pie" - and it wasn't humble, which will surprise nobody, I'm sure.


NO SURPRISES, PLEASE
I have no idea what kind of birthday celebration we'll have today... surprises are bad on the hearts of guys my age.  We'll just go with the flow...


AND MANY MORE....
So, to all of us celebrating a birthday today, August 14th, here's a little something for us from the Beatles... enjoy.


Labels:

15 Comments:

Anonymous Mike McNiff said...

Happy Birthday!!!

8/14/2012 07:12:00 AM  
Blogger Joe said...

Heh! Being an 8/14 Birthday kid always meant being one of the youngest in my class at school. This used to bum me out. Funny how things change..

8/14/2012 07:51:00 AM  
Blogger just wondering... said...

Happy Birthday, Geoff!! Do something wonderful for yourself.

8/14/2012 08:56:00 AM  
Blogger The Pot Stirrer said...

You mean besides enjoying all these lovely messages? ;-) OK, I'll treat myself to something special today. Thanks.

8/14/2012 09:01:00 AM  
Blogger valan2 said...

As a special birthday gift, the Costa Mesa City Council has cancelled the study session that would normally be held tonight. Who says they can't do anything right?

Happy Geoff Day!

8/14/2012 09:19:00 AM  
Blogger The Pot Stirrer said...

For which we are very grateful! ;-) A canceled meeting is a good meeting.

8/14/2012 09:23:00 AM  
Anonymous Terry Koken said...

Happy birthday!! And greetin's from Delta, Colorado, to which I'm losing a daughter and three nice grandkids.

So, how many is that, young fellow? Or is it that you're just unusually dissipated for a boy of 19?

Any day on the top of the turf is a good'un, and life's ALWAYS better than the next available alternative!

May you suffer (painlessly, preferably) through many many more.

8/14/2012 09:37:00 AM  
Blogger Mike H. said...

The happiest of birthdays to you, Geoff!

8/14/2012 12:44:00 PM  
Anonymous Eleanor Egan said...

Enjoy every minute of your birthday, Geoff! You have more than earned it.

8/14/2012 01:49:00 PM  
Blogger The Pot Stirrer said...

You're very kind, Eleanor... Thanks.

8/14/2012 01:52:00 PM  
Anonymous Tom Egan said...

Happy anniversary of your birth day, Stirmaster.

As a gift, I’ll pass on to you an algorithm that has made me feel better with each passing year: subtract one year from your age at each birth day anniversary.

I’ve been doing this for several years, I’m back in my mid-60’s, and I feel younger (as long as I focus on the new number!).

How legit is this?

Well, if Dick Cheney can boast "We're an empire now, and when we act, we create our own reality;” the black hats on the Council can spin an alternate universe from the dais; then I, as master of my own universe, can count any darn way I want.

8/14/2012 03:28:00 PM  
Anonymous Mary Ann O'Connell said...

Happy birthday, Geoff!

8/14/2012 04:22:00 PM  
Blogger Ocpublicsquare said...

Have a great year, Geoff! Thanks for all you do for Costa Mesa!

8/14/2012 09:50:00 PM  
Anonymous Dave said...

Happy Birthday Geoff! Life is short! A birthday is truly a celebration of another year we've made it through. Enjoy and God Bless!

8/14/2012 11:06:00 PM  
Blogger kwahlf said...

Happy Birthday, Geoff!

8/15/2012 06:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home