Thursday, July 21, 2011

RFP Tracking Sheet Updated

FINALLY!
News from Transparency Central! The City has finally updated the tracking sheet for the RFPs outlined back in January for units and functions that might eventually be outsourced. After announcing the plan to outsource 18 units the tracking process was created to help interested parties stay abreast of the progress - or lack thereof - in the management of this situation.

BACK TO CURRENT STATUS

Although the original plan was to perform weekly updates, that quickly fell by the wayside a
nd, as of three days ago, the list had not been updated for over a month. Happily, the City responded to some gentle prodding and this new, updated list, HERE, is available for your review. It is also linked on the City Home Page.

UPDATES TO FOLLOW - EVENTUALLY...

According to
Interim Communication Director Bill Lobdell, it is the intent to update this roster as often as necessary. That seems just a little vague, but it's all we've got right now. As of today the list is current. It is also "enhanced", with color coding to show where each RFP is in the process.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Daisy Mae said...

Since the judge told them they could not outsource to private companies, are they going to only send them to other public agencies or private companies as well? Shouldn't they wait until the trial before they go forward with releasing the RFP's?

7/21/2011 06:09:00 PM  
Anonymous OCLonghair said...

Geoff… I had some time to kill waiting for a meeting last night, so I decided to stop in at a nearby Pub; yes it had an Irish theme.

Never having been in this establishment before, I thought it best to sit at the back, away from the main group sitting at the bar; not being sure I if would be recognized or not.

Quietly sipping my Ale, the group at the bar started talking about how Santa Ana was under investigation for Brown Act Violations; someone was locking the doors to chambers, keeping citizens out. Thinking this group was FOR the investigation, I kept listening, when I heard a short, strange looking man; a pub employee, chime in with, “I’m only mad that we didn’t think of this!”… Laughter exploded and could be heard from the parking lot.

I can tell you right now Geoff; I
will never patronize that establishment again… Seal Beach should be embarrassed.

7/22/2011 10:56:00 AM  
Blogger Colin said...

Longhair - If this is serious, not too sure it is, but that's the group that always hangs with Skosh, there's some tan short haired dude that's always there, every day. The cast of regulars hangs at the bar and bad mouths people. I live right next to the place and from what I have seen, his business hasn't been up. Last night's parking lot was kinda dead for a Thursday night. I wonder if the press has been taking a toll on his business interests.

7/22/2011 03:30:00 PM  
Anonymous R said...

Colin: I don't doubt OCLonghair. His/her posted stuff is always pretty right on. I have eaten at Skosh's place and think the lack of business isn't the press, it is the food! Like I overheard one patron say, " I don't come here for the rotten food, I come here for the rotten service".
Skosh's will probably soon have to go away from food service. It will then become yet another seedy bar on Newport Blvd. for low life's like our City Council to hang out in and cry in their beer about being recalled.

7/23/2011 08:55:00 AM  
Anonymous menahunie said...

Aye R, me thinks you are right on. I can imagine Irish uisky being off loaded at the pub by the barrel is in his future. What strange drink'n companions they shall make..

7/24/2011 08:59:00 AM  
Anonymous Max said...

I have a feeling Facility Maintenance, Parks and Landscape Maintenance, Tree Maintenance, Fleet Maintenance, Graffiti Abatement, Signs and Markings, Street Sweeping, and Street and Storm Maintenance will go to contractors that hire illegal immigrants.

Payroll, Information Technology, and Graphic Design could easily go to India (I know a business owner that was just propositioned by a group in India to do this very thing).

Why hire someone and pay them a livable wage if you don't have to?

7/24/2011 09:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home