Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Chuckmeister Gets It Right - Again

HE'S AT IT AGAIN!
May I, once again, turn your attention to my friend, Chuck Cassity's blog, Chuckmeister Unleashed!, for some crystal-clear thinking? His essay - Jobs, Jobs, Jobs - will reach out and tweak the noses of some readers.

READ IT ANYHOW
I know some of my slightly left-tilted pals will find this particular contribution to the enlightenment of the masses to be offensive. That's OK with me... they need to read it anyhow! :-) Simply click HERE and enjoy the ride.

I'M WAITING...
If you feel the need to rant about this one you've got two places to vent - over on his blog and here, because I agree with him 100% on this one. Let the fun begin...

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Rob Dimel said...

The essay was very well written. He is absolutely right that the only jobs government creates are other government jobs. It's as if our current administration wants to cling to the notion that we can spend our way out of the budget crisis and fix the unemployment problem, by creating more government entities (hence jobs). At some point, everyone will work for the government or some government created program (very New Deal/WPA-esque).

I know this seems kind of paradoxical coming from a government employee. However, those of us working in certain functions of government actually do get it. There is so much redundancy in our government anymore, and crossover functions between agencies it boggles the mind. Everyone wants to get their slice of the pie.

We need to look no further than the Preamble to our Constitution to understand what our government functions should be. Insuring domestic tranquility, providing for a common defense and establishing justice are self explanatory.

Those should be the basic focus and priority of our government from the federal level down to the local level. My issue is that there is such a fervor and anti-government rhetoric, that people are failing to remember the framework our forefathers set out and realize that there ARE essential functions of government. Those of us who work in those essential functions are getting bloodied up and lumped in with those who do not.

Yes, I believe government needs to pared down. And it surely seems self serving to say that it is the non-essential functions that need to be cut, while leaving the primary essential functions alone.

I could ramble on, there is much to be said on the topic, but I don't want to peeve Blogger with my wordiness.

12/01/2010 01:25:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home