Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Tightening Code Enforcement and "The Mouth" Steps In It

UNCLEAR CODE ENFORCEMENT PRIORITIES
At it's meeting last night the Costa Mesa Planning Commission got revved up big time during the discussion of Code Enforcement priorities. Members Jim Fitzpatrick and Steve Mensinger performed a tag team in which they showed their peers photos taken by Mensinger around the city that, in his words, represented examples of Code Enforcement gone astray.

COMMISSIONERS VOW TO "FIX" THE PROBLEM
All the commissioners were careful to pay homage to the Code Enforcement staff, but indicated that our municipal priorities were askew. They've dedicated themselves to fix that problem and will discuss this further in a study session next month and then present their findings to the City Council.

WATCH THE IMPLEMENTATION
I don't disagree with them, but I'm just a little worried that their enthusiasm to turn our city into the new Irvine may result in very heavy-handed methods. This will take some watching...

BUFFOONERY ON DISPLAY
Meanwhile, over at that "bastion of truth", the CM Press, our racist laureate - the fellow I call The Mouth From Mesa North - continues to demonstrate to us that having an alleged Mensa membership doesn't guarantee that he'll do smart things.

STEPPING IN A COW PIE
For example, during one of his usual rants before the City Council at their meeting on March 3rd, he was attempting to emphasize his allegation that the council mismanages our money - "spends like drunken sailors" - he stepped squarely into a cow pie of his own making. While attempting to point a finger at the council for, on the one hand, recommending that residents "buy in Costa Mesa", then buying major purchases outside the city (our municipal code requires our leaders to get the lowest bid), The Mouth tried to emphasize his point with a little story. Here's what he said: "I'll tell you.. I bought a car this week. Did I buy it in Costa Mesa? There's a dealer right on Harbor Boulevard for this kind of car. No! I didn't buy it in Costa Mesa because I do the same thing you do - I got the best deal someplace else. You know, that's the way the world works."

JUST KEEP STEPPING IN IT
Well, yeah, Mouth, we know that's the way the world works. We also love it when you make a fool of yourself live and in living color for all to see.

FINANCIAL ADVICE FROM HIM?
In his pitiful blog today he attempts to second-guess the city staff - before they've made their presentation, by the way - telling us that they're not conservative enough in their budget management. What a crock! Why anyone would take financial advice from a schmuck who, from all appearances, owns maybe two shirts and one jacket, is beyond me!


DEEP-SEATED BIAS

The foundation of all his pontifications certainly seems to be rooted in his deep-seated bias against anyone not white. Oh, c'mon, Pot Stirrer, are you still harping about that?, you ask. Yep, I'm still harping about it because it has been, and continues to be, the cornerstone for all his rants. Doubt me? Think I'm dredging up stuff he's written about years ago? Guess again! Here's the link to his most recent racist rant, this one published online a couple places. This link, HERE, will take you to a site called "White Revolution", where the motto is, "We must secure the existence of our people, and a future for White children." While at the site check out their Mission Statement, but don't try it with a full stomach or you may lose your lunch.

NEW BLACK DEATH
The essay in question, "The New Black Death", which is also posted on the New Nation News site along with a library of more than a dozen years-worth of his rants, compares the Black Death pandemic of the mid-1300s to what he perceives as the New Black Death, interracial breeding. As I said, you don't want to read this with anything in your stomach.

HE SETS THE AGENDA
Please keep in mind that it's this mind - the mind that is admired by former KKK grand pooba David Duke - that is setting the agenda for much of what happens here in Costa Mesa. It's this overt intolerant view that has influenced many of the current crop of elected leaders in our city. I doubt there are many residents of this city who buy into The Mouth's philosophy, but the recent voting record in our city makes me wonder...

Labels: ,

18 Comments:

Anonymous Gloria said...

You sure like to complain about others. How come you never speak at City Council meetings?

3/09/2010 12:46:00 PM  
Blogger The Pot Stirrer said...

Gloria, not ALL, only those who deserve it. I do what I do to try to make things better in our city. How about you? Do you speak before the council? Do you write to then to offer suggestions? Just what is your contribution?

3/09/2010 09:26:00 PM  
Blogger Humberto said...

Geoff, great answer. I think Martin H. (Hitler ?) Millard is loosing his mind. I doubt he bought a car. I don't think he's got the means to get something like that. A few weeks ago, I saw him hanging out in a Vietnamese video store on Baker, just off Fairview. Poor guy. He looked like someone walking around on 19th street.

3/09/2010 11:16:00 PM  
Blogger The Pot Stirrer said...

Humberto, you may be right. However, my Mom taught me not to make fun of the afflicted. :-)

3/10/2010 07:37:00 AM  
Anonymous Mongo said...

Seems to me that the Plannining Commission is trying to micro-manage Code Enforcement, and some on the Comission appear to be using this as a platform to run for council. Politics aside, Title 20 is in place with a common sense approach to gain compliance. Let Code Enforcemet, and City Staff do their job. Nothing more needs to be done other than for Council to give Staff some common sense direction on this matter. As one of the Commissioners said "Title 20 is the CC&R's for Costa Mesa, I can't disagree more. Title 20 is a guidline for everyone to maintain their property (with consequences for those that don't). If I want to live in a CC&R community I will move there. This whole matter boils down to too much heavy handed government. Lastly, Code Enforcement is down three Officers, not "a couple" as alleged by one of the Commissioners.

3/10/2010 07:37:00 AM  
Blogger Humberto said...

Geoff, you are right. I think I went a few miles too far with Millard. If he is unemployed, I wish him luck in finding a new job. Hopefully in some social area where he could benefit, and get out of this obscure philosophy. Sorry Millard!

3/10/2010 03:19:00 PM  
Blogger familyguy said...

The Planning Commissioners obviously have way too much time on their hands. With no major projects and not much building or planning going on in the city they appear to be looking for some cause to justify their existence. This begs the question...given the current economy, do we need a planning commission?

3/11/2010 06:08:00 AM  
Anonymous CMTRUTH said...

Speaking of character studies and film, is it possible that the creators of South Park have been using Costa Mesa residents as inspiration for characters as well?

http://s291.photobucket.com/albums/ll320/cmtruth/?action=view&current=spcartman.flv

3/11/2010 07:36:00 AM  
Blogger The Pot Stirrer said...

Ah, CMTRUTH, you may have discovered the source of The Mouth's revenue - He's Cartman! :-) :-) Thanks for providing the clip, it's both hysterical and relevant.... Glad to have you back in the game... now, about your blog...

3/11/2010 09:28:00 AM  
Anonymous Gloria said...

I think you don't speak up out of fear that people will criticize you like you have done to so many others. You prove my theory by your comments and the lowlifes you associate with. I'm not trying to be rude just offering a little constructive criticism. When you become older/wiser you will understand.

3/11/2010 03:24:00 PM  
Blogger The Pot Stirrer said...

Whoa, Glo... interesting observation. If I "feared" people criticizing me do you think I would write what I do here and at other venues? Puh-leeze! I've been criticized by MANY people for the things I write, old girl. And, you really have NO idea of the people with whom I associate, so watch your lip, sister.

While you say you're not "trying to be rude", you've managed to do so. And I don't see anything at all "constructive" about your comments. As to that "older and wiser" comment - just how young do you think I am, for goodness sake. I just celebrated my 50th high school reunion with a bunch of old people last summer! And, I'm not sure about that wiser remark... what you see is what you're going to get, so deal with it!

I'm happy you're participating here, even though you do hide behind that veil of anonymity. Please feel free to continue to visit here and comment as you wish. If you ever decide to tell me who you are (I don't see that happening), just drop me a little email - the address is on my profile page. I'll protect your identity unless you choose otherwise.

3/11/2010 04:39:00 PM  
Blogger mesa verde madman said...

Wow, lowlifes? That hurts - how is that constructive?

Keep up the good work, Geoff!

3/11/2010 05:04:00 PM  
Blogger The Pot Stirrer said...

mesa verde madman, I think "Gloria" may have forgotten her meds... :-) We'll just keep on doing what we're doing.. thanks for the encouragement and thanks for participating here...

3/11/2010 05:14:00 PM  
Blogger The Pot Stirrer said...

CMTRUTH, an unkind comment... probably accurate, but unkind, nonetheless.

3/11/2010 05:48:00 PM  
Blogger familyguy said...

I always liked that song.....
G-L-O-R-I-A Gloooooriaaaa !
And as far as the "lowlife" comment goes
A. Takes one to know one
B. I'm rubber your glue, bounces off me and sticks to you
C. Sticks and Stones...
D. If you can't say anything nice..

Gloria,Get back in your cage girl, bad dog! Sit ! Sit!

3/12/2010 05:50:00 AM  
Anonymous CMTRUTH said...

I'm not looking to make friends, just calling it how I see it.

"Gloria" is a troll.

3/12/2010 08:18:00 AM  
Blogger Bruce Krochman said...

Did we just see Martin in drag?

3/12/2010 10:35:00 AM  
Blogger The Pot Stirrer said...

If you mean Gloria, I dont' think so... too kind...

3/12/2010 11:03:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home