Saturday, February 06, 2010

It's That Time Again - Super Bowl Sunday!

MARBLES? WHAT MARBLES?
OK, I know you've had more than you want to hear about the Indianapolis Colts vs. New Orleans Saints on Sunday for "all the marbles". (What marbles? Who rolls them? Do we refer to the losing team as having "lost their marbles"?) But I digress.


A MISSED DOUBLE-D OPPORTUNITY
I think the NFL is missing a huge marketing opportunity. For this, the 44th Super Bowl, they should have Dolly Parton do the half-time show. Get it? Oh, well. Instead, they're going to have a bunch of geriatric rockers, The Who, perform. I hope they can make it up on the stage with their walkers, for goodness sake! The show would be perfect if the NFL could have found another group to follow them - The Dat!


BLINDFOLDED MONKEY PICKS 'EM
Back to the subject at hand. After my outstanding pick in the BCS Championship Game (note: tongue firmly planted in cheek), I knew you'd be waiting for my take on the Super Bowl game Sunday.



IF THEY PLAY TO THEIR POTENTIAL...
I'm going to hedge my bet... IF, and that's a huge if, both teams play to the best of their ability, I think the Colts will win by two touchdowns. That assumes a lot - that Reggie Bush doesn't fumble, for example and that Peyton Manning continues to demonstrate that he is head and shoulders the best quarterback in the NFL today - heck, maybe ever.

AND THE WINNER IS...

So, here's my score - Colts 38 - Saints 24.... Now lets see how it goes.





INDIANAPOLIS COLTS 2009 HIGHLIGHTS

NEW ORLEANS SAINTS 2009 HIGHLIGHTS

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Go Saints!

2/06/2010 08:48:00 AM  
Blogger The Pot Stirrer said...

It's hard not to root for the Saints. Besides being a great football team, there are all the other non-sports related reasons to want New Orleans to become a winner. I'm hoping for a terrific game, lots of spectacular plays on both sides of the ball and for nobody to have a severe injury. I also hope that THE WHO make it through their performance without the need of a defibrillator! :-)

2/06/2010 07:41:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yay, you got your wishes. I got to see lots of glimpses of Mizzou's former QB Chase Daniel!!!

2/07/2010 10:19:00 PM  
Blogger The Pot Stirrer said...

Well, it's comforting to know that I still have the touch - picking exactly the opposite of the final result! :-) It was a great game and the Saints certainly did deserve to win it. Gutsy call - the onside kick to start the second half! Hope Daniel enjoys that bench... :-)

2/07/2010 10:38:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh I'm sure he's loving that bench!

2/08/2010 08:59:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home