Friday, June 19, 2009

Fork'n Belt Crime Capital of the O.C.









I warn you, don't say that title too fast...

BLEARY-EYED ON THE COMPUTER
Five and a half years ago, while I was pulling 12-14 hour shifts at the hospital bedside of my best friend, trying to facilitate his recovery from a motorcycle accident, I would return to my hotel room late at night, check my email and write to frie
nds about his progress or lack thereof, then log on to the Daily Pilot to keep up with what was going on back home.

A MUCH-
NEEDED LAUGH
On November 29, 2003, I came across an article about two boneheaded crooks who were arre
sted for using a belt and fork while committing a crime. It made me chuckle at a time when I really needed a laugh. You can read that old article - straight from the Daily Pilot archives, HERE.

HAD TO RESPOND

I was so amused by the piece that I wrote and submitted what turned out to be a Mailbag letter addressing that article. It was published December 2, 2003. You can read that letter, also from the Daily Pilot archives, HERE.

WHAT GOES AROUND...
Then, yesterday, I read Joseph Serna's blog entry of 6/17/09, HERE, about the same kind of crime in which the same kind of weapons were used!

CAREFUL - HERE IT COMES AGAIN

I guess, if you sit in one spot long enough, stuff just keeps on rotating around you! So, I think it's appropriate to proclaim Costa Mesa the "Fork'n Belt" Crime Capital of Orange County. Remember, be careful when you say that...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home