Sunday, May 03, 2009

The World Gets Curiouser and Curiouser...

LAST TIME...
In my last post, dated April 30th, I addressed some items that will appear before the Costa Mesa City Council on Tuesday. Three of them had to do with possible new revenue sources proposed by the Fire Department.

COST RECOVERY PROGRAM
One item, the Cost Recovery program for costs incurred by the Fire Department during the cleanup following traffic accidents in our city, proposed possible income of over $180,000. In that entry I mentioned that the staff report proposed using an outfit called "EF Recovery" which, for a 14% fee, they assured the Fire Department leadership they could recover an amazing percentage of the costs - 98.5%! I also mentioned that I visited their web site and no mention was made of this kind of business - it only addressed the sale of consumables.


DON'T BLINK!
Well, off I go for a quick out-of-town trip and return late last night to find an amended staff report sitting in my in box. This staff report deleted any mention of "EF Recovery" and now speaks in general terms of outsourcing the cost recovery process. Interesting...

NOW THEY'RE IN THE BUSINESS?
Even more interesting is the fact that the EF Recovery web site now has, hot off the presses,
a brochure for the collection service mentioned in the earlier staff report! The date on that brochure was 4/28/09. It was not on that site when I wrote my earlier posting. Very strange.... What the heck is going on here?

WHO ARE THOSE GUYS?

I suspect there might be more than a little debate on the three issues on Tuesday. I think I'd like to know a little more about this whole "EF Recovery" outfit, who runs it, etc.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home