Saturday, September 27, 2008

Another New Player In Town


LOOK WHAT I FOUND!
While culling through my Google alert referrals this evening I stumbled upon an entry of yet another brand new blog here in Costa Mesa. This thing is entitled "CM OPEN" - you know, like a golf tournament.

DEFENDIN
G MR. U. KNOW-WHO
I clicked on the link, HERE, and found myself staring at two entries - one published September 5th, whining about an old entry on the CM Truth blog. The second, published a couple
days ago, was addressed to me, specifically.

WRITING TO FEEL IMPORTANT
Now, I like to get letters, but would never have discovered this one because I did
n't know this blog existed. I guess the author(s) of this new one didn't really want me to read it - they just wanted to write it to make themselves feel important. If they wanted me to read it they could have sent me an email or posted it as a comment right here - or simply let me know that they had a message for me on this new blog. But, nope - they just prattled on and on with absolutely no expectation that I would ever read it.

WILL TH
EY POST MY COMMENT?
I posted
a comment on this new blog, not really expecting that it will be published. At least the author(s) provided the ability to comment, unlike the guy they are trying to defend. He doesn't care what others think about what he writes - there's no debate. Here's what I posted on it this evening:

"Well, isn't this a nice surprise! Yet another defender of the author of the CM Press. Or, since there is no identification of the author, perhaps it IS the author of the CM Press! Is that you, Marty? Or maybe a member of your family?

I'll submit this comment, but don't really expect it to be published. Even though you provide a way to do it, I suspect you'll "moderate" it and it won't appear.
I've never called his entire f
amily a "den of snakes" - I've never met any of them. Your attempt to paint me as a bully is more than amusing, particularly in light of the fact that your idol, the author of the CM Press, is precisely that. I don't have a gang of any kind, oh anonymous one, much less "name calling bigots". I don't tell anyone else what to write or say. If you're referring to a couple other local blogs which are rightfully critical of the CM Press you're on the wrong track... I don't know those people... yet. I do, in fact, speak my mind when I oppose his position on issues.

You'll have to speak to him about taking things to a personal level, with Katrina Foley, for example. Or any other person who has spoken out in opposition to his warped views. My advice to others who might be critical of him to do so anonymously is sound advice, particularly since he seems determined to stalk and intimidate those who disagree with him.


Incidentally, I just stumbled across this feeble attempt at blogging this evening. I'd never have know you exist except for some unfortunate luck.
I find the title of your blog curious.... CM OPEN
... open to what? Open mind? I don't think so. Open mouth? Maybe. You imply that more than one of you are authoring this thing... how many does it take?

By the way, folks (assuming there are more than one of you) you're falling behind in your viewing of the CM Truth blog... there's a new "Mike Diamond" video clip that I know you'll love just waiting for you to view. And, I hope you're following the exploits of the newest blogger, CMunimPRESSed. The author of that one should really make you happy. I know I get a smile on my face whenever I read a new entry over there. If you don't have the link, just visit my blog. Welcome to the blogosphere. I hope your juvenile, pathetic posts improve... perhaps your idol can offer some hints..."

DON'T KNOW AND DON'T CARE
I have no clue about the identity(s) of the author(s) of this new blog. And, unlike the guy at the C
M Press, I'm not going to attempt to find out who they are, where they live or where they work so I can attempt to intimidate them. They are entitled to their own little bit of the blogosphere. I do find it amusing that someone finds it necessary to leap to the defense of the guy at the CM Press. I can only assume that, whomever they are, they share the same views and values as their idol. That's a very sad commentary, in my view.

NO LINK HERE
No, I'm not going to post a link to it, as I do not link to the CM Press, either. If you want to read it in the future you're just going to have to bookmark it yourself.

CM PRESS ATTACKS WILL CONTINUE

So, in the heat of our local political campaign, the beat goes on. Certainly, we can expect the author of the CM Press to continue his attacks on any candidate he thinks poses a threat to his chosen tro
ika. He will undoubtedly make the denigration of Katrina Foley a constant drum beat for the next 5 weeks, and also snipe at other candidates he thinks might be able to siphon off enough votes to spoil his plan for complete domination of the Costa Mesa City Council.

WE'LL CONTI
NUE TO WRITE
So, we will continue to read his rants and comment when we feel it is appropriate. If this new group doesn't like it - too bad. I expect they, too, will continue to write to defend him...
Bring it on!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger The Pot Stirrer said...

Well, it didn't take long to find out whether my comment would be posted... They deleted my entire first paragraph and part of the second one. Be forewarned that anyone else attempting to post on that site may suffer the same fate. You read what I submitted and can read what they published. Like their idol, they cannot take criticism.

9/27/2008 11:19:00 PM  
Blogger The Pot Stirrer said...

A reminder to that person that attempted to post a comment as "Anonymous"... pick a name, any name and I will likely post your comment. I won't if you use "Anonymous"...

9/28/2008 08:09:00 AM  
Blogger CMTRUTH said...

Mr. West, that blog has been waiting to be discovered by you or a few select others, in hopes of bringing it to light. Now that it has been brought to light, we can most likely look forward to many alias driven comments that support Millard and attempts to discredit and distort facts and truths as they have demonstrated they like to do again and again.
Smells like millnuer affiliation to us.

9/28/2008 05:34:00 PM  
Blogger The Pot Stirrer said...

cmtruth, I agree.... kind of like when he would post on the DP blog under numerous pen names on the same comment thread to make it look like his view was more broadly held. It's pathetic...

9/29/2008 12:02:00 AM  
Blogger The Pot Stirrer said...

You know, the more I read the CM OPEN blog and the comments currently attached thereto, the more it begins to reek suspiciously like the now-defunct old Concerned Costa Mesa Citizens web site. Those who were paying attention a few years ago will recall that site was a repository of chatter among mostly angry self-proclaimed Westside "improvers" who used it as a place to vent. Allan Mansoor, before he was elected to the city council and then a member of the Costa Mesa Human Relations Committee, raised some eyebrows when he posted an anti-gay screed he'd found in a Focus on the Family publication.

After Daily Pilot reporter Lolita Harper did a three-part series on the site the Orange County Human Relations Commission began nosing around. The sight went dark very shortly thereafter and the participants crawled back under their rocks, unable to stand the light of day. One of the most prolific posters on that sight was good old Mr. U. Know-Who - The Mouth From Mesa North.

9/29/2008 12:32:00 AM  
Blogger The Pot Stirrer said...

As anticipated, the anonymous author(s) of the CM OPEN blog are not really interested in providing a forum for discussion. I attempted to post a comment on the blog this morning - a fairly benign entry - but they chose to reject it. This is typical of these folks. Following the lead of their idol over at the CM Press, a "conversation" to them is a one-way street - with them doing the talking and everyone else doing the listening. That's the kind of governance they will advocate if their majority is maintained.

9/29/2008 09:48:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home