Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Threats Win - Again


POOR BABY!
Gee, what a surprise! Our old buddy, Your Neighbor (or Mr. U. Know-Who, as he calls himself) stood before the city council Tuesday night and whined about my description of his influence in our city outlined in my commentary the Daily Pilot on Sunday. This follows his rebuttal published yesterday in a nearly half-page, 1,043 word rant.

SMIRKING JERK
With a smirk and a chuckle he opened by denying that he was a "mentor" to members of the council. Then, in a delicious bit of irony, he proceeded to give them specific instruction on a number of items he felt they were neglecting - just as a mentor might.

A THREAT - AGAIN
During his comments he made what I interpreted as a veiled threat - again. When referring to my position on the closure of the Job Center - which I opposed and still do - he cavalierly suggested opening a new one on the Eastside, which he referred to as my neighborhood. Then, in an I-know-where-you-live moment, he went further to describe very specific coordinates near my home. That got my attention, because the implication was clear.

WATCHING HATE FESTER

I suspect he will continue to spout his views of what it takes to "improve" Costa Mesa. I've taken the position in the past that our city was worth the effort I've made to observe and comment on his actions. It's been my view that it doesn't serve the city that has been my home for half my life well to have the path to it's future mapped out by a man who is an internationally known racist and such a purveyor of intolerance that he's been on the hate watch list of the Southern Poverty Law Center for nearly a decade.

CONTINUE THE FIGHT?
We could continue to joust, with him laying a smoke screen of "improvement" to cover his insidious racist motives for the expulsion of the Latinos from our midst and with me continuing to comment, point out his actions and blow that smoke away to expose the truth. We could continue to spar about our views on issues. We could do that....

WEIGHING THE THREAT
However, once again it's been made clear to me that he is a threat to the safety of me and my family. Once again, as I did several months ago under similar circumstances, I've had to weigh the future of Costa Mesa against the safety of my family. Once again, it's no contest.

OPTING OUT OF THE BATTLE
As difficult as it is for me to make this decision - because I firmly believe his influence is a serious threat to this city - someone else will have to pick up this cause. I'll continue to observe and comment on things around this city and offer opinions for real improvement. I will no longer include this guy in the equation. Understand that I don't necessarily fear him - he's an articulate, insidious blowhard - but his influence over violent, radical right-wing groups is considerable and undeniable.

PAY ATTENTION - THE BALL'S IN YOUR COURT NOW
To those Costa Mesa residents who read this blog and my commentaries in other venues, I hope you will pay close attention to what's going on in your city. Particularly in this very important election year, I hope you will not fall under the spell of this Hitleresque Svengali. If you continue to allow those who follow his drumbeat to control your city you have only yourselves to blame for the outcome. I wish you the wisdom to make the right decisions. He's out of my life... I'm done...

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Humberto said...

That's a great picture you have there. It really looks like the guy you're talking about. Please don't give up fight. Your community needs you more than ever.

3/06/2008 11:49:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah guys is a certified douchebag!
the real reason they closed the job center is due to the fact it WORKED!
but they close it & put the "problem" back in the faces of people so they have some stuff to bitch about...
mansewer & the rest of these people are complete jackasses...
CM TRUTH

3/11/2008 10:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home