Monday, November 25, 2013

Planning Commission Meeting Tonight - Why?

PLANNING COMMISSION AGENDA
The Costa Mesa Planning Commission meets again tonight, Monday, November 25, 2013 beginning at 6:00 p.m. in City Council chambers at City Hall.  You can read the brief agenda HERE.  My question is, "Why?"

THERE SEEMS TO BE NO GOOD REASON
Recently the commission decided to begin meeting twice a month instead of once a month, which means extra stress on the staff that is already being pressed to the limit due to vacancies and illnesses.

SHOULD HAVE BEEN CANCELED
Tonight there are only three (3) items on the agenda and none seem to be of an urgent nature.  At the last meeting two weeks ago several items were shoved out to future meetings.  This seems to me to be poor staff management.  The meeting tonight should have been canceled and the issues pushed to the first (and only) meeting in December.

I'LL WATCH MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL INSTEAD
I won't be attending the meeting, but I may sneak a peek at it from time to time on CMTV or online.  I'll let somebody else count the number of times Chairman Jim Fitzpatrick says, "Excellent!" or "Cool!" or "Awesome!"

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I was going to say, c'mon, Geoff, the same old tired argument against 2 meetings a month, get over it. But, that's a short agenda. I don't know. But I'd definitely rather watch the meeting than Monday Night (American) Football.

11/25/2013 06:49:00 AM  
Blogger Mike H. said...

49ers in a must win game against 3-7 Washington. Bet the underdog at home, though... if you're into that sort of thing... ;)

11/25/2013 09:46:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home