Thursday, August 15, 2013

Sharing A Chuckle

A "GOOD NEWS/BAD NEWS" SITUATION
As you know, I blew off celebrating my birthday yesterday to attend the most recent Charter Committee meeting.  The good part of that decision was I got to see Ernesto Munoz at his best.  The worst part was I got to share watching Tea Party Tom Pollitt try to keep up with the proceedings and articulate something coming straight from his own head and not from a prepared script by the leaders of my Republican Party!  Talk about painful!


CHECKING THE MAIL
However, just before I departed for City Hall yesterday afternoon I collected our mail and found a wonderful birthday card from a couple who have been life-long friends - she caught the bouquet at our wedding and they married a year later.

SMILE ALERT!
I won't share the inscriptions they each wrote, but I cannot help myself with the cover of the card.  It's a nearly decade-old New Yorker cartoon by Alex Gregory and my friends just couldn't wait to mail it to me.  You'll understand as I share it with you below.  I know all of you will smile, too. (Click on the image to enlarge for the full effect) 
Happy Birthday To Me...


Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Hester Prynne said...

Stop the war on Pollitt!

He's just a little behind the times. Lots of people in Costa Mesa make their own clothes from tree bark, wear three-cornered hats, and ride a horse around town.

8/15/2013 02:29:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

@Hester, :)

Happy Birthday, Geoff.

8/15/2013 05:30:00 PM  
Anonymous Jeff North said...

Pollitt is painful to listen to at times. I rank him almost as bad as Wendy Leece except that Pollitt does not really argue and try to put people down as does Leece. Both are unwatchable.

8/15/2013 06:50:00 PM  
Anonymous Amen said...

He can pray about it.

8/15/2013 07:08:00 PM  
Blogger kwahlf said...

That's a great card, Geoff. :-)
I hope you're having a great belated birthday
celebration tonight!

8/15/2013 08:12:00 PM  
Anonymous It needs to be said...

Happy Birthday, Geoff West!
A Bubbling Cauldron's the BEST
for local elected
(some say "selected")
To be put to the test!

8/17/2013 12:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home