Thursday, April 29, 2010

Mansoor Press Conference Video Now Available


CITY FEED NOW AVAILABLE - HALF OF IT***
As mentioned in my earlier post, the streaming video of Allan Mansoor's press conference yesterday is now up and available for viewing on the city site. You can see it HERE. Unfortunately, only half the event is available - the first portion where the mayor read his prepared speech - so you'll get to see a lot of the top of his head. According to Dane Bora at the City, he's working right now trying to clean up the audio feed on the second portion of the press conference - the Question and Answer section. If he can clean it up sufficiently so at least some of the questions can be heard and understood he will re-post the entire conference. If and when that happens I'll change my link to the new one.
*** The "long version" of the city link is now available... I've changed my link so you can now see the entire 42 minutes.

FULL VIDEO AVAILABLE AT OC VOICE
In the meantime, there is an alternative. Our friend, John Earl over at the OC Voice blog was there, sitting in the front row with his camera and has posted his unedited clip of the press conference. The quality isn't as good as the city feed, naturally, but he does have the entire press conference posted for your viewing. You can see it HERE.

AGAIN, THE "ANOINTED ONE"
And, as you all probably know by now, Mansoor is, once again, being re-anointed as an immigration rock star - his smiling face was all over the news last night again. This is, in the word of Yogi Berra, "deja vu all over again". This is exactly what happened five years ago when Mansoor launched his ICE proposal and ended up on national television as the poster boy for intolerance as he attempted to create his own immigration policy.

GET USED TO IT
So, dear readers, this is what you're going to see until November. Mansoor will jump up in front of any camera available and bemoan our immigration situation. Makes me want to puke!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous x said...

Anonymous "x", do you REALLY think I believe you're being truthful about your heritage? Not for a second, pal.

Since you are afraid to call me a racist you instead attack my heritage. Who wants to share their identity with someone who makes regular attacks on citizens for expressing their views? I’m not sure I want to be on your hit list.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if you're one of the whiny westside "improvers".

I’ve heard of improvers but don’t know much about them. What makes them whiney?

Yep, I'm an old white Republican living in "almost Newport Beach" - I've never denied that. Your bogus suggestion about a Job Center over here, or the soup kitchen for that matter, rings hollow. The services go where they are needed.

Are you saying there are no hispanics or day laborers on the east side? Or are you trying to discourage more from coming? Either way your assumptions are false. There is a large hispanic population on the Eastside and growing. Yes they would benefit from these services. Frankly, I'm surprised your own neighbors don't have your support.

4/29/2010 01:57:00 PM  
Blogger The Pot Stirrer said...

Anonymous "x", I don't know if you're a racist or not. I don't criticize "citizens" for expressing their views - I don't know if the writers are "citizens" or not - they might be righting from Afghanistan for all I know. I criticize the opinions expressed if I disagree with them.

I don't know about your heritage, but suspect you've just made up an alleged African-American background to provoke a confrontation. No, I didn't say there are "no hispanics or day laborers on he east side". The Job Center, that served this city well for almost two decades, was located on the Westside specifically because that's where the "client base" was located - within a short walk or bike ride from their homes. Of course I know there are day laborers and hispanics living on the Eastside. What's your point? And, amigo, you assume my "own neighbors" don't have my support.

It's clear that you're not writing to expand the discussion, only to confront via subterfuge. Keep them coming...

4/29/2010 02:31:00 PM  
Anonymous Billy Madison III said...

Ahh, another poster TRYING to pretend to be something they are NOT!

Did you get TIRED of arguing with your OWN screen names in the REGISTER forums?

ps hi martin!!!

Can you explain to us WHY you bitch & moan about CMPD officers living OUTSIDE the city?

If memory serves CORRECT, you mentioned it being DUE to the FACT they spend THEIR money outside the city as well.

So one must ask WHY on earth did you purchase your new vehicle OUTSIDE of not just Costa Mesa, but in LA county?

Inquiring minds would LIKE to know!!!

Some in the CITY think it's another shining example of your continued hypocrisy.

Keep up the "good" WORK buddy!!!

4/29/2010 04:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home