Monday, January 12, 2015

Sign Ordinance Changes Proposed Tonight

SHORT MEETING ANTICIPATED, BUT...
In what looks like a short meeting based on the published agenda, HERE, the Costa Mesa Planning Commission, led by "dynamic" Chairman Jim Fitzpatrick, will meet to address only a few issues.


CODE ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITY
They will discuss Planning Commission goals as pertains to Code Enforcement, HERE.  Did you know the Code Enforcement officers can issue you parking tickets now?

OUTDOOR DISPLAY AT CIRCLE K
They will hold a Public Hearing, HERE, on a minor conditional use permit at a for outdoor displays at 1654 Santa Ana Avenue, at a Circle K convenience store.

FOUR UNITS ON THURIN
They will hold a Public Hearing on a planning application for four (4) residential units at 2136 Thurin Avenue, HERE.


CHANGE IN SIGN ORDINANCE - WHAT CHANGE?
And, New Business #1, for which there is NO STAFF REPORT available online, is titled, "Proposed Amendment to the City's Sign Ordinance related to monument signage."  I don't know about you, but that one got my attention.  Too bad we don't know what it's about!

PRIORITIES
Ordinarily I'd have my old body propped up at the meeting, taking notes so I can report back to you later.  Not tonight.  I will be glued to my television set, watching the first-ever National College Championship Football Game between the University of Oregon Ducks and the Ohio State University Buckeyes.  If I have time or the opportunity to watch the tape of the Planning Commission meeting I'll report on it later.... Go DUCKS!

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Honeyman said...

As someone who lost a few bucks on the Ducks himself, even Fitzpatrick might have been more enjoyable than that game.

1/13/2015 12:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home