Sunday, August 05, 2012

A GREAT Day For Me

CELEBRATING!
So, what the heck have you been doing the past few days, Pot Stirrer?  Yeah, the past couple posts have been herky-jerky and without images - certainly not up to par.  Well, I've been celebrating!

A BEAUTIFUL BABY...
How's this for a cutie?  No wonder she's evolved into a beautiful woman!
TALK ABOUT PATIENT!
Today, my sweet, lovely and patient wife and I celebrate our 45th wedding anniversary!  Yep, that's right - she has somehow managed to remain married to me all these years.  As I said, she's a VERY patient woman.




 LOVING SUPPORT FROM DAY ONE
From our early days together - we got married after dating only 8 months - moving around the country as my then-employer required, my sweet Sue smiled and moved right along with me, supporting me every step of the way.  When I decided to walk away from a very lucrative job to start my own business she took a deep breath and said, "Let's do it!"

FUN, FUN, FUN
We've had lots of fun on this trip - boating, dune buggying and traveling wherever our mood took us.  We've found some special places that we visit over and over again.


MY DANCING QUEEN
In recent years she's discovered a new activity - ballroom dancing - and has become an amazing dancer.  She competes in competitions, both local and at remote locations.  And, all the while she tolerates and encourages my meager efforts here.

WE WISH YOU OUR LUCK
But, we're back, watching NBC's marginal Olympics coverage and all set to launch ourselves into the next few dozen years together.  If each of you have just a sliver of the wonderful life we're having together you'll be very lucky, indeed.

Labels:

18 Comments:

Anonymous Eleanor Egan said...

I'm happy for both of you. May you enjoy another 45 years of equal joy!

8/05/2012 08:37:00 PM  
Blogger The Pot Stirrer said...

Thanks, Eleanor... we're going to give it our best shot! ;-)

8/05/2012 08:42:00 PM  
Blogger kwahlf said...

Happy Anniversary to both of you, Geoff!
I hope you have many more years of
happiness together.

8/05/2012 08:48:00 PM  
Blogger just wondering... said...

Congratulations. Very cute couple.

8/05/2012 08:53:00 PM  
Anonymous sk said...

Your best post:)

Happy Anniversary to you both!

8/05/2012 09:14:00 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

Hear Hear! All the Good!

8/05/2012 10:50:00 PM  
Anonymous Byron de Arakal said...

Congrats to you and Susie, Geoff!

8/05/2012 10:53:00 PM  
Anonymous Robin said...

I'm happy you've had such a great life with Susie, but I wonder, who's that guy in a white tux cutting cake with her? :-)

I'm sending many wonderful wishes your way, congratulations to you both.

8/06/2012 02:32:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey you two . . . . . HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Can't believe the years have passed so swiftly. Treasure every moment of time together and thank God for His blessings upon you both. Sherry

8/06/2012 08:31:00 AM  
Anonymous Mt Irrelevant 4 Sure said...

Geoff West breaks his own rule to allow personal flattery by an anonymous poster. What flexible standards he has.

This is the last place in town where you can anonymously post angry comments without having your true identity revealed.

I predict it will continue, that West will take no action like the other legitimate news organizations have.

Why? Because West knows that if he no longer allows disgruntled employees to come here and rant, or out of town union stooges to spew, and even some residents to have to reveal true identities, the bubbling cauldron will dry up. West knows it. That’s why he will not do it.

It would be like Howard Stern having to make his show PG.

So, stay angry my friends. This is the last place to vent in secrecy. Sadly, Geoff West will not clean up his act. He may not even post this comment. Double dare you.

8/06/2012 09:39:00 AM  
Blogger The Pot Stirrer said...

Surprise, you blithering idiot! There you are. I posted that "Anonymous" comment because she signed it, so it was far from being anonymous - unlike yours, you coward.

And, you're wrong twice. I am "taking action".. I'm just getting tired of anonymously posted drivel that has nothing at all to do with the subject at hand. So, the flaming days are over here. I can't impose "Facebook comments" here like the Daily Pilot did over the weekend, but I sure as heck can tighten the sieve.

Henceforth, if you post just to flame someone you won't see it here. Stick to the issues, make a contribution to the discussion or just sit and fume.

8/06/2012 09:43:00 AM  
Anonymous puppetroll2chins said...

Happy Anniversary and here's to many, many more.
Good to hear no more flaming on the ocgop will be allowed. it was getting very infantile. don't mind getting flamed if it is good stuff but it generally was elementary school stuff.
Again, Happy Anniversary.

8/06/2012 10:33:00 AM  
Blogger Bruce Krochman said...

Nice milestone! Congratulations!

8/06/2012 12:51:00 PM  
Anonymous Terry Koken said...

Geoff --
I got married when I was 21, and I'm 70 now... but there were four wives, and a few gap years there, so all told I only have thirty years. I'm endeavoring to catch up, but who knows...
I never lost faith in the institution, but it took me four tries to find the right one...
How do you DO that? Get it right the first time, I mean!
All manner of good fortune to you and her!

8/06/2012 02:39:00 PM  
Blogger The Pot Stirrer said...

Terry,
Either I'm a superior judge of talent or the luckiest guy alive... I suspect the latter.

Thanks, and good luck to you, now that you've got it right! As we both know, patience is critical - right Debbie?

8/06/2012 02:58:00 PM  
Blogger Lucille and Robin said...

Lots of British congrats heading your way. News from us is Luc is ready to pop but still has 8 weeks to go before our big day!
Best wishes, R&L

8/10/2012 01:55:00 PM  
Anonymous Stephanie said...

Wishing you two lovebirds a VERY happy anniversary! You surely are a lucky dog, but I think Susie has quite the catch herself. May God bless you two and many more years together.

8/10/2012 03:26:00 PM  
Anonymous stephanie said...

Happy anniversary you two lovebirds! I just left a comment, but couldn't prove I'm not a robot ;-). Trying again! You and Susie have had a blessed 45 years, and may God continue to bless many, many more together! Love you both!

8/10/2012 03:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home