Thursday, March 22, 2012

Newport-Mesa Unified School District Needs Your Help!

URGENT NEED
The Newport-Mesa Unified School District urgently needs members to serve on the Superintendent Selection Community Interview Group.

TIGHT DEADLINE

The deadline for application to this panel is this
coming Monday, March 26, 2012! Yeah, I know... not much time, but the need is urgent and the task is important.

ASSISTING DR. BARBOT

The information at THIS LINK gives you all the particulars about how you might qualify for this 31-member group that will be part of the process through which Dr. Robert Barbot - former Superintendent and consultant heading the search for a replacement for the disgraced Dr. Jeffrey Hubbard.

FILL OUT THE APPLICATION
Anyone interested in this very important task should follow the instructions on that page, including submission of the application that is linked at the bottom of the page. Thanks, in advance, for participating in this very important community effort.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Find me $12,436,921! said...

Geoff, will "hissy fits" be allowed on this group?

If not, no thank you.

3/22/2012 11:34:00 PM  
Blogger Bruce Krochman said...

Trustee Foley posted a link to the invitation of FaceBook. Here is my response and her reply.

Bruce Krochman:

Katrina, love your enthusiasm, but seriously, the board may NEED our input (for political reasons), but they don't want or will use our input. After being parents of students in NMUSD for almost a decade and a half, I can tell you from personal experience that of all the times we have helped by providing input on one of these committees it has NEVER been utilized.

Why doesn't the board do what they have been elected to do and hire an executive officer? When I need a new employee that is exactly what my boss expects of me. I hire someone and I am responsible for that decision. Clearly the board is trying to insulate themselves from criticism for making a decision that is their responsibility as our elected representatives by creating this committee.


Katrina Foley

I completely disagree. I am happy to make the decision and know exactly the kind of Supt I want to see. What has been missing since I have been on the board is community input about what direction we want to go and what are our short term and long term priorities. I need the community input and welcome it. I understand if you pass this time.

3/23/2012 09:34:00 AM  
Anonymous Liz Kohl said...

Who are those who are applying for the position?

5/06/2012 11:31:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home