Sunday, September 13, 2009

It's Time To Stand Up And Speak Up!

MILLIONS MARCH TO SHOW CONCERN
It was an interesting weekend in this wonderful country of ours. On Saturday, September 12, 2009 - while many of us were enjoying college football on a perfect fall day - well over 1,000,000 people gathered on the National Mall in Washington, D. C. to protest the
policies of our trainee president, Barack Obama. Some estimates were as high as 2,000,000. If you view the following time lapse video taken between 8:00 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. as the crowd was marching toward the Capitol you can make your own judgment as to the numbers involved.


YOU TELL ME... ARE THEY "WACKOS"?
Some will say that it was just a mob - a bunch of wackos - intent on disrupting the "great works" the president has embarked upon. They will describe the attendees as "extremists" and "nut cases", whipped into a frenzy by conservative talk radio personalities. I
wasn't there, but I have viewed many of the videos of the event posted on YouTube. Here's one that might give you an idea about some of the folks that spent their Saturday on the National Mall.



I DON'T HAVE THE ANSWERS
I don't have answers to many of the questions posed by this grand national debate. I do feel, however, that Obama is moving too fast with too many programs that will bankrupt this country if we, the people, don't speak up. I think he and his liberal buddies will use th
e power they now have to ram new programs and taxes down our throats if we don't speak up. I don't kid myself that I can influence the national debate, but I can make my opinion known here and encourage you to do the same.

IT'S TIME TO STAND UP AND SPEAK UP
It has taken 250 years of blood, sweat and tears to create this wonderful country and to protect and preserve the way of life it provides to us. It is possible that it will take only a matter of months to destroy the country as we know it if we don't speak up against this curre
nt administration. Those folks who took the time to do just that on Saturday are an example of what can become a much broader national statement of concern.

CALL OR WRITE... AND DO IT NOW!

Pick up the telephone and call your congressional repre
sentative. Call the White House and express your concern. Sit down at your computer and write a letter to the president.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Kiril The Mad Macedonian said...

It's been a while since I last peeked in, but I want to say that this was a wonderful essay to read. ;-D

This type of writing is why you have been on my blogroll, on my old blog, back when I first discovered you a few years ago, and remained there when I started my new blog in 2007. ;-D

9/14/2009 11:28:00 AM  
Blogger The Pot Stirrer said...

Kiril, thanks for the kind words. I stumble across your blog from time to time. Yes, it's been awhile since we were both featured in the Daily Pilot.

9/14/2009 12:48:00 PM  
Blogger mesa verde madman said...

Estimates now are closer to 60,000 to 100,000... but it's just a number. People are angry out there - conservative AND liberal...

9/15/2009 08:34:00 PM  
Blogger The Pot Stirrer said...

mvm, may be, but watching that time lapse video of the morning makes me think that the 1,000,000+ is closer. You're right, though - plenty of folks around this country are plenty peeved, and rightfully so.

9/15/2009 08:44:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home