Peter Naghavi Adds Responsibilities
In a press release issues this afternoon, Costa Mesa Communication Director Bill Lobdell announced that long time manager Peter Naghavi has agreed to assume additional responsibilities. In addition to the responsibilities included as Economic Development Director/Deputy CEO Naghavi will now assume the leadership of the Development Services Department.
In my view, this is GREAT news for the City of Costa Mesa residents and staff. Naghavi, through his more than two decades of service to this city, has demonstrated to be a solid manager and a person who gets things done. It appears that development activities are beginning to ramp-up again, so his steady hand as head of Development Services will be essential.
According to the press release, Khanh Nguyen - who served as Interim Development Services Director - will return to his previous assignment as Building Official.
KUDOS AND CONGRATS
Congratulations to Peter Naghavi on this new assignment and to Chief Executive Officer Tom Hatch for having the wisdom to make this move.
The text of the press release follows:
Peter Naghavi to serve as Economic and Development Services Director/Deputy CEO
COSTA MESA, CALIF. - Peter Naghavi, the city’s Economic Development Director/Deputy Chief Executive Officer, will also oversee Development Services beginning May 7.
Naghavi’s new title will be Economic and Development Services Director/Deputy CEO.
- Increased focus on economic development;
- Internal recruitment for assistant Development Services director;
- Updating the City’s General Plan;
- Overseeing several large development projects in the works;
- Planning for the significant financial impact to the City due to state raids on redevelopment funding;
- Overseeing stepped up Code Enforcement and appropriately regulating drug and alcohol rehab facilities.